My father has a different sparkle in his eye recently. Something is going on that is making him try to add pumpkin spice to just about anything. Sometimes it's apple spice....other times it's cinnamon spice......sometimes it's all of the above. Mom and I visited this orchard a while back. For some reason now, I have the urge to wear flannel.
3 comments:
Oh man. Before the job I'm on now I spent a week at my friends' apple orchard. I don't know if you know about it. They come at the bottom of 5 generations of apple ranchers in Yakima.
Some of my friends visited at the end of the week and were simply amazed by the number of apples they were surrounded by - the warehouse can process 240 tons a day, and they can pretty much keep that up year-round...
240 tons a day!! Wow. That's a lot of apples! Are those trees 5 generations old? What did you learn about orchards while you were there?
Oh man. I have the blog RSS'd but not the comments. I'm only seeing the follow-up comment in December. I'll fix that!
What did I learn about orchards whilst there? Man. That's a hard question to answer.
I've spent lots of time there in the last couple of years, actually. It's hard to articulate what I know, but I do know things. That answer is rubbish, I know.
Post a Comment