Friday, September 11, 2009

garden growing old

The garden is getting old, well, it's just looking a little tired. Tomato plants are brown, potatoes are almost gone, peppers and eggplants are barely hanging on. But the morning glories and nasturtiums are sure going nuts! Some people call them weeds, I call them pretty. The nasturtiums are my favorites. Did you know that they are edible? Apparently so.....mom lets me taste them but dad never does. We go out to the garden almost every day and I crawl around and look at stuff, but I always come back to those nasturtiums. Or should I say, "nuh-stir-shYUMs!". I've really enjoyed my first garden. Maybe next year we can grow some of my favorites like oatmeal or teething biscuits. Despite the garden, dad assures me that the best time of year is yet to come! What is he talking about?



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Abby these are some really beautiful pictures of you. Your Mommy is a very artistic and you are a great muse!

Unknown said...

Your mommy IS* very artistic! :)

Cera said...

Plants are so INTERESTING!