Monday, August 27, 2012

little girls and big hearts

I'm almost 4.  Expectations are high.  Social gatherings like birthday parties and play dates, Job responsibilities like feeding the cat and helping mom barter with people at the farmer's market, Workout regimen that includes chasing the cat and riding my trike around the block, and lastly....Pre-school!  So despite the rigorous advertisement solicitations from Toys R Us and Mini Boden to continue blogging, we're going to make some changes around these here parts.  My dad is going to take over for a while.....put a little different swing on things.  He's got the time, heck I don't even know what he does.  He goes to "work" every day, but come on, what does that really mean?  Seems to me like he just plays around with dirt and colors on paper all day......I can do that..."what?"....."what am I writing?"....."nothing!".....svaeiw2&......;;;a;vlk2%$&WHAT!.......OK, now that we have that under control.  It's me, Daddy.  Thanks Abby!  I'd be glad to take over for a while and try to tell folks what we've been doing, what we've been talking about around the dinner table, and give them a little insight into the lives of a rural family stuck in an urban body.  Not such a bad thing, in fact we'll likely stay that way, but it helps us develop skills of adaptation.

First things first......we've started a new phase in this family.  Pre-School.  Montessori Habitat School.  Only about a 3 minute drive, 7 minute bike, or 20 minute walk.  Fantastic facilities, great location, and when we talk to the staff, I often feel the urge to give a spontaneous hug to someone.  Nice folks.  Abby has taken to them quickly and energetically.  Every day she impresses us more and more.  Common parental hypothesis:  Kids grow up too fast.   Test results:  Confirmed.


No comments: