Sunday, April 18, 2010
stolen bases and stringbands
Yesterday, dad and I had some bonding time, but of course he forgot the camera. Anyway, I told him, "Let's skip the kids section at Borders and do something YOU want to do!". So, we started off going to a baseball game! Great fun. Illinois vs. Michigan. Lots of people, lots of noise. Dad was telling me all about how the Michigan pitcher was a crafty lefty who threw a 'nasty changeup' and a 'hard curveball' and how he was good at getting ahead in the count and holding runners on base and....yeah, it's ok, it made me fall asleep too. But after that, we went to the Iron Post to see one of our favorite bands, Big Bluestem. They play folky, bluegrassy, old-timey music just like dad 'tries' to play. He was telling me all about how to hold the fiddle, and that bowing is everything, and what tunes to play in standard tuning (GDAE) or cross tuning (AEAE) and....yeah, I fell asleep again. But it was fun. If we do it again, I'll be sure to remind him to bring the camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment